+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suggestion Box

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Lodging / Accomdations

Jonesie...How about a section dedicated to Lodging / Apts / Accomodations, people can post suggestions on where to stay, reviews of places they've stayed at, apartment rental links, etc?

SBeach just posted a link in a TR and it would be great to be accessible in a dedicated section of the forum.
    Most of the active forums have such sections. Which one are you suggesting?

Ahhh...my old eyes didn't see it. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

hey............its only been about a year and that virus situation still has not been resolved. How about someone committing some time to fixing it ?

Every time I log onto the site, my virus protection starts ringing like someone is breaking into my car

Quote Originally Posted by beersterry View Post
    hey............its only been about a year and that virus situation still has not been resolved. How about someone committing some time to fixing it ?

Every time I log onto the site, my virus protection starts ringing like someone is breaking into my car
    Which antivirus are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by beersterry View Post

Exactly beers.
    I only sign on at a public computer now and every 3-4 months because of it. Leaving tomorrow for the annual fall 3 monther around the world.
    Be dark until December
    Enjoy fellas

Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hioctane View Post
    Which antivirus are you using?
    For me, Malwarebytes is regularly notifying about three domains labeled as 'riskware' and are 'Outbound"
    They are:
    wordc,ga
    mwor.gq
    str1kee.com

This is their description of riskware:
    Riskware, in general, is a detection for items that are not strictly malicious, but pose some sort of risk for the user in another way.

Programs might be termed as “riskware” because they:

Violate the terms of service (ToS) of other software or a user platform.
    Block another application or software from being updated and patched.
    Might be illegal to use in the users’ country.
    Could be used as a backdoor for other malware.
    Are indicative of the presence of other malware.

I am not certain what 'outbound' refers to, but I think it means the riskware is attempting to connect with the domain by exploiting the browser (Chrome in my case). I will have to see what happens when I use Edge.

Apologies gents, I'm looking into the problem. It may be that I need to build a new site, and take the forums over to the new license. We'll see. Please be patient.

if you are building a new site my ask is that you consider making the site https using SSL to keep the network traffic secure. That would be great.