+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Best Country to Monger In

Tonight, for about the fifteen millionth time, I got into a discussion about the best mongering destinations. This is a bit of a futile debate to be in, Not just because of the obvious objectivity of mongers. But because there are so many moving pieces in someone's monger trip.

There are some guys who will manage to have a great time anywhere they go. There are also an equal number of guys who will have a terrible time regardless of where they turn their travel arrow.

It's like the old question of which music is the best. Everybody knows that one. It's the one you remember from when you first started getting laid.

In our hobby, there are some destinations that are clearly better than others. But among the better options in each region, there are still variables that make them better or worse than the best among another region in each person's mind. Bangkok is obviously better than Tokyo. Berlin is better than London. Medellin is better than Mexico City. Etc... But comparing Bangkok to Medellin, or Berlin. That's where you get into the apples and oranges discussion.

There are guys I know that think San Jose, Costa Rica is the best place on earth. I mean... Sure, if you weren't getting laid for years and one of your buddies took you to the Del Rey, then I can understand that. Many of us well traveled mongers take for granted that a guy we're having this debate with has the same sense of reference as we do, and it's rarely the case. A guy from Florida or New Jersey who has been to Costa Rica two to three years in a row thinks San Jose is ground zero for heaven. And why would he risk the one week a year of vacation he has to roll the dice on Rio or Medellin? He already knows he likes San Jose...

Such is the eternal debate of best monger spot. So many variables and different persepectives, there really isn't a very good (or bad) answer.
    Last edited by jonesie; 04-30-2015 at 01:11 AM.

MDE end of story

I think it comes down to,what you are looking for.I havent been to cr yet.But,from i have read you might as well go to Colombia.Cause that is the majority of the girls there and you almost pay double.

You have to ask yourself,how far do you wanna travel.

Just got back from Sosua,if you want cheap.Hard to pass up on DR.

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop12 View Post
    I think it comes down to,what you are looking for.I havent been to cr yet.But,from i have read you might as well go to Colombia.Cause that is the majority of the girls there and you almost pay double.

You have to ask yourself,how far do you wanna travel.

Just got back from Sosua,if you want cheap.Hard to pass up on DR.
    I was just having this convo with a buddy. He LOVES asian girls....LOVES them!! So Thailand, Camboda, Philipines, he loves and has lived over there inbetween his Gov contracts. He makes tons of loot and then goes to SEA to teach.

His claim is the girls are not as dramatic and go that etra mile. They know how to make a man feel like a man. Plus the food, exotic local, the ruins of Cambodia, all that stuff is right there.

DR or CR has the beach and water sports and golf. A built up tourist (non monger) structure.

Mede as it has been said a few times before doesn't have all of this. Food is OK at best, nothing worth writing home about, little in the line of golf or fishing, they do have beautiful women in spades. How many hookers can you bang?

Depends on what you are looking for. If you just want to party and get fucked up with a bunch of hot chics Mede is for you.

If you want more it ain't in Mede. Just go down to Lleres around lunch time. Juan Valdez there will be a motley crew of Xpats that if you chat with or ease drop on you'll see how bored they are and how boring they are.

Haha, that lleras crew can be depressing. They all swear they never pay for sex. Must be their looks. Hope I'm that sexy at 70...

It really depends what you are looking for.. I have not found the PERFECT country yet. I would like the relaxing atmosphere with girls like the FKKs in Germany, combined with the cheap LT like in Thailand, combined with the "party favors" of Colombia. If anyone knows of such a place.. Please let me know!

If I won the lottery and could retire anywhere, it's Brazil, no question. Love Colombia, don't want to live there, Costa Rica and Mexico for no more than a long weekend. Can't take the Phils for any longer than a week, and wouldn't stay that long if the flights weren't so brutal. Never done Thailand, but suspect I would the same way I feel about the Phils

Quote Originally Posted by Klockman View Post
    If I won the lottery and could retire anywhere, it's Brazil, no question. Love Colombia, don't want to live there, Costa Rica and Mexico for no more than a long weekend. Can't take the Phils for any longer than a week, and wouldn't stay that long if the flights weren't so brutal. Never done Thailand, but suspect I would the same way I feel about the Phils
    Curious... why Brazil? I haven't been yet, but with the close of Help and Balcony... things seem less appealing.

Lifetime Member
    Chile was pretty awesome. Santiago draws loads of Argentinas from Mendoza. Had a fun date with a Brasileira and another with a Colombiana and another redhead Colombiana was pretty uninspiring. And of course,the chilenas...
    Prices were from 35,000 Chilean up to 60,000 ($100 US) Well, except for once, my two buds and I took out from a strip club. A LOT but, the brasileira, argentina and chilena were awesome.

Spain was real good. The prostibulos in Asturias go about 65 a half hour(in 2014) and the variety is OUTSTANDING: Dominicanas, Paraguayas, Mexicanas, Colombianas, Chilenas, Brasileiras, Venezolanas, Rumanas, Bulgaras, French, Ukraine, Czechs, Hungarians

In Madrid found a house just up the street from the bull ring - Douchebag Clubhouse-X or something. I was interested in trying out some Russians. Found a Russian/Ukranian beauty queen, 3rd grade teacher on summer holiday. 45 minutes, 90. I woulda given her ten times that if I had it.

I think an undiscovered gem would be Paraguay. Judging from the paraguayas I met in Spain.

This is such a nuanced debate and the perception of the individual colours things immensely.

I mean Cambodia/Laos ? I would be afraid of disease, HIV etc. You have scenes that are on the decline such as Thailand and Cuba .....maybe even San Jose, CR. Personally I don't like CR nor the DR. Shooting fish in the barrel, for me it has to Medellin and Angeles City.......though I have not yet stepped foot in Indonesia and I for some reason, I have not made it to Brazil despite the pleas of many a friend.