+ Reply to Thread
    Lifetime Member

Exclamation Web Attack: FAKE TECH SUPPORT WEBSITE 40

Hiyas,

I'm getting a pop-up window when I click the ID box to sign-in and I got another pop-up that was blocked by my Norton Anti-Virus when I clicked the Home button. Norton Anti-Virus blocked the "attack" and described it as "Web Attack: FAKE TECH SUPPORT WEBSITE 40". Last week I got one that asked me to upgrade my Flashplayer and it definitely wasn't Adobe asking.

Can you check the website's security integrity? I'm closing the pop-up windows or my anti-virus is blocking them but this feels dangerous. I'm currently using Internet Explorer 11.0 with all updates and Norton Security Anti-Virus.

Attacking computer is listed as call-microsoftnw-err884139306...win/goldencheesepie///phebe (with a long alphanumeric section after that). Attacking IP is listed as 206..217..220....189, 80 (extra periods & slashes added for safety)

Thanks!

_Arcadeguy_

Lifetime Member
    Logged in again today and it downloaded a file against my wishes in the background when I visited the forum that Norton Anti-Virus deemed unsafe. File was cryptonightasmjs...min[1]..js (extra periods added for safety) and was blocked/removed by Norton while I was viewing the forum. Please correct ASAP! I'd like to post a trip report. :-)

Yeah I have been getting a popup too.

Lifetime Member
    I was getting that with my android phone, I switched to iPhone and that hasnít happened yet

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadeguy View Post
    Logged in again today and it downloaded a file against my wishes in the background when I visited the forum that Norton Anti-Virus deemed unsafe. File was cryptonightasmjs...min[1]..js (extra periods added for safety) and was blocked/removed by Norton while I was viewing the forum. Please correct ASAP! I'd like to post a trip report. :-)
    Ha, so you can post this comment but not a TR? Your anit-virus must be very discriminant.

Gentlemen, I'm working on this with hosting. They have insisted it's all in my/our head. I need to keep on them. Stay tuned...

Gents

Its not the site. You might need some cleaning on your devices. try downloading malwarebytes free edition @ https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3/ They will give you a free 14 day trial of their pro service as well. Even after 14 days keep it installed and run the cleaner once a month. You guys will be just fine..well some of you LOL ;-)

PS - If you dont like malwarebytes you can also DL http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html they also have a free edition that works great.

PSA FROM YOUR TRUSTED IT PROFESSIONAL

Lifetime Member
    Will all due respect, it has to be the site. I've seen it from 2 different computers. It tried attacking my computer & loading the crypto attack file when I visited the site tonight (Nov 19, 2017) before I clicked on anything, so I've switched from medium security to high security for Internet Explorer 11. That blocked the pop-up attack and I didn't see the crypto attack so that may be necessary. But there's a problem here... Thanks for looking into this Jonesie. I really don't want to play with picture uploads with it like this (else I'd post the report), but I'll pop the pictures and report when this is back to normal.

PSA from a non-IT professional: Use PAID antivirus software like Norton or McAfee or let the KGB/FSB scan your files and protect you with Kaspersky.